Whew! Has it ever been hot! We’ve been in the middle of a heat wave, and it’s not even summer yet. But it got me to thinking about lighter fare, AND spending less time in the kitchen.
This summery vinaigrette fits that bill perfectly. It’s fresh, light and super easy to make. It’s perfect for dipping crisp, crunchy veggies (like celery, cucumber, and jicama – to name a few).
Or drizzle it over the top of a salad. Spinach, kale, baby greens are all great choices. Add a few veggies, a little fruit, a touch of cheese, and you’re all set!
- strawberries - 2 cups (sliced fresh or frozen)
- apple cider vinegar - 1 Tablespoon
- oil (light tasting) - 1 Tablespoon
- lemon juice - 2 Tablespoons
- coconut sugar (Sucanat, organic cane sugar or honey) - 1 Tablespoon OR 1/2 Tablespoon agave