Stuffed with spinach, cheese and herbs, this chicken is packed with flavor and protein and low in calories (at only 275 per breast) and was recently seen in the April 2015 issue of Iron Man Magazine!
- skinless chicken breasts - 4
- extra virgin olive oil - *1+
- garlic - 2 Tablespoons (minced)
- onions - 1 cup (finely chopped)
- feta cheese - 1/2 cup
- black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon+ more on top
- dried oregano - 1 teaspoon
- dried basil - 1/2 teaspoon
- paprika - 1 teaspoon (divided)
- frozen spinach (defrosted and drained) - 1 1/2 cups chopped
- sea salt -
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare baking dish by spreading a Tablespoon of olive oil over the bottom.
Mix together the following ingredients in a bowl: garlic, onion, spinach, black pepper, oregano, basil, and feta cheese.
Make a slit in the widest side of the breast. Carefully ease the filet knife into the breast, creating a pocket, without cutting all the way through. Then stuff ¼ of the filling into the breast and place in the prepared baking dish. Repeat for each breast. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon paprika on each breast, salt and additional pepper.
Bake uncovered for 40 – 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Oven temperatures and thickness of the meat may vary so keep an eye on them.
*Additional bit of olive oil for brushing onto chicken breasts.
Calories - 275
Protein - 34 g
Carbs - 7 g
Fat - 9 g
Fiber - 0 g