This is a pretty simple dish with a lot of flavor and as much heat as you like. It makes a hearty family dish, yet it’s special enough for company. What’s great is you can make it a day or two in advance of when you need it and it will enhance the flavor even more.
- olive oil - 1 Tablespoon
- garlic (minced) - 2 Tablespoons
- red bell pepper (chopped) - 1
- red onion (chopped) - 1
- tomatoes (14-16 oz. chopped) - 2 cans
- tomato paste (6 oz.) - 1 can
- GF pepperoni - 3 oz.
- dried basil - 1 teaspoon
- dried oregano - 1 teaspoon
- crushed red pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- sea salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- ground black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- chicken breasts - 1 1/2 lbs.
- GF pasta: rotini, fusilli, etc. -
Chop the vegetables (by hand or in a food processor) and cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Then, in a skillet saute garlic, onion, bell pepper until softened. Add the chicken. Stir occasionally and cook until tender. Add tomatoes (with the juice), tomato paste, pepperoni, Basil, Oregano, black pepper, and crushed red pepper (add more if you like it spicier), and simmer for 15 minutes or so until sauce has thickened and been reduced. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve over your favorite GF pasta.
*Here is a list of Hormel products that DO NOT contain gluten: (As always, please read the ingredient list as products DO change) http://www.hormelfoods.com/Brands/products-without-gluten-containing-ingredients