- grapeseed oil (or another neutral tasting oil) - 1/2 cup
- orange juice - 3/4 cup (freshly squeezed)
- dijon mustard - 1 Tablespoon
- coconut sugar (organic cane sugar or honey) - 1 Tablespoon or 1/2 Tablespoon agave
- fennel seed - 1 teaspoon
- sea salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- ground pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Measure and mix all but the fennel seeds. Lightly toast the seeds in a dry frying pan for a minute or two. It will release the oils and flavor. When you can smell them, they're ready to be added to the other ingredients. Stir together and refrigerate.
A note about fennel seeds: They're very effective for digestive problems. In India, they're routinely chewed after meals to aid in digestion. They also act as a mouth freshener.