Rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, this quick and easy sauteed salmon is light, tasty and perfect for family or company.
- salmon - 4 fillets (approx. 6 oz. each)
- garlic - 2 Tablespoons (minced)
- rosemary - 1 Tablespoon fresh (chopped) or 2 teaspoons dry
- olive oil - to cover the pan
- salt & pepper - sprinkled on each side
- lemon - garnish
Salt and pepper first one side of the salmon and then the other.
In a large nonstick skillet (big enough to just hold the fillets), pour enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the minced garlic and rosemary, making sure it's spread throughout the pan.
Lay the salmon on top of the garlic and herbs and cook the salmon for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. The cooking time should be a total of about 8 to 10 minutes per inch of total thickness (depending on how you like your salmon done).
Serve with lemon if desired, and enjoy! :)