Who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries? They’re a super simple treat that always manages to make every occasion feel so special. To these I’ve added just a bit of crushed nuts. Of course, if you don’t care for them, simply omit them. Or consider crushing some gluten free pretzels and using them instead. They’re really quite delicious that way. I promise.
They’re so easy to do, they need few instructions…so I’ll get right to them!
- strawberries - however many you wish to make
- dark or semi-sweet chocolate - chips or squares
- almonds - or another of your favorites
- coconut oil or shortening - 1 Tablespoon for every 1/2 cup of chocolate
1. Wash and pat strawberries completely dry - so the chocolate will be sure and stick.
2. Crush nuts - of your choosing.
3. Measure chocolate into a saucepan on top of the stove. For every 1/2 cup of chocolate, add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil. Gently melt, stirring constantly, until creamy smooth. Pour the chocolate into a bowl - for dipping. Excess chocolate may be covered, refrigerated, and slowly rewarmed in the microwave.
4. Hold the strawberry gently by the top and dip into the melted chocolate. Allow excess to drip off.
5. Roll that portion of the dipped strawberry into the crushed nuts and set onto a piece of parchment paper or wax paper (on a plate).
6. Pop into the fridge for at least an hour.
7. Enjoy! :)
Note: These may be made a day ahead of time.