I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies. And these gluten free, grain free, dairy free (can be egg free) cookies tick off a lot of boxes while still managing to be soft, moist and super yummy – fresh out of the oven, or even the next day (though I wouldn’t count on them lasting much beyond that).
But then, they’re so easy to make you can have some more whipped up in no time at all!
- almond flour - 2 cups (or finely ground almonds)
- coconut sugar (Sucanat, organic cane sugar or brown sugar) - 6 Tablespoons
- baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- sea salt - 1/8 teaspoon
- chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet) - 2/3 - 3/4 cup
- coconut oil (unsalted butter or unsalted vegan butter) - 6 Tablespoons (gently melted)
- egg - 1 or *1/4 cup egg replacement
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray cookie sheet.
Measure and whisk together the dry ingredients, including the chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, whip the egg and oil together before adding to the dry mixture. Stir well.
Scoop a spoonful into your hand and shape into a round, flattish dish. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake 12 - 14 minutes. Oven temperatures may vary so keep an eye on them. Cool slightly before removing from the tray. Makes approximately 20 cookies (depending on the size you make them).
To make an egg replacement: Measure 1 Tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax seeds and 3 Tablespoons hot water. Stir together and allow to gel before treating as you would a regular egg. If you don't want dark speckles in your cookies, I suggest using white chia seeds. :)